Following the success of Dragon NaturallySpeaking for Windows, Dragon software is also available for Mac users. With Dragon Professional Individual for Mac (which has replaced Dragon Dictate and MacSpeech Dictate) you can accomplish more on your Mac than you ever thought possible. Dragon for Mac is powered by the latest version of the Dragon speech recognition engine, and was built from the ground up for Mac OS. It works with your favorite Mac applications, and makes it easy to find online content, create reports, email, research notes, articles, and more, just by using your voice – up to three times faster than typing. To simplify also your mobile life, you can use your iOS or Android device as a wireless microphone, or capture your notes on-the-go using a digital voice recorder. Once back at your computer, Dragon will transcribe the recordings for you.
Dragon Professional Individual for Mac
Dragon for Mac Key Features
- Next-Generation Speech Engine – Dragon Professional Individual for Mac is powered by the latest version of the Dragon speech recognition engine, and leverages Deep Learning technology. This is the same state-of-the-art technology used by Dragon NaturallySpeaking – the world’s #1 speech recognition software for the PC. A pure 64-bit application, the latest version of Dragon allows you to get things done quicker than ever before.
- Easy & Accurate – Dragon for Mac has an accuracy rate of up to 99% right out of the box, and it gets smarter the more you use it. And, as Dragon Professional for Mac never misspells a word, typos are a thing of the past. Simply tell your Mac what to do, and Dragon will get it done, whether it is surfing the Internet, searching for a missing file, or writing a report. Simple commands and shortcuts will improve your experience – and your productivity – even further. Personalize Dragon with your own custom vocabulary of acronyms, proper names, and unique phrases. Dragon for Mac can even adapt its format rules by detecting corrections you make – abbreviations, numbers, and more — to make sure your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time. The Text-to-Speech feature, which reads back editable text, makes for easy proofing and multi-tasking.
- Automatic Microphone Detection – Dragon Professional Individual for Mac will automatically show you which microphones are available for use. Dragon also lets you use multiple audio device types within the same profile, so you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalized preferences, for example, a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at work, and your laptop’s built-in mic while you’re on-the-go.
- Use with Your Favorite Mac Applications – Dragon for Mac was built from the ground up for Mac OS, and was made to work with your favorite Mac applications, including Mail, iChat, iCal, TextEdit, Pages, Numbers, Safari, Keynote, Scrivener, and many more. Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint are also supported, as are Facebook, Twitter, and other web-based applications and tools.
- Supports Several Different File Formats – With Dragon Professional Individual for Mac you can transcribe from .mp3 audio files. Other supported formats include .aif, .aiff , .wav, .mp4, .m4a, and .m4v.
- …and much more
System Requirements | Dragon Professional Individual for Mac
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or faster processor – Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 recommended
- Supported Operating Systems: OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- RAM: 4GB, 8GB recommended
- Free hard disk space: 8GB (4GB for installation from disc)
- DVD-ROM drive for installation from disc; Internet connection for product download
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance-approved microphone (support.nuance.com/compatibility)
What do users say?
“I just got myself a copy of Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Premium, and so far, I am really impressed. The accuracy was great from start, and I love that I can use my iPhone as a microphone!” – Michelle
“There is a reason why Dragon NaturallySpeaking is the most popular speech recognition software in the world!” – Ben
“I started using Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home Edition v11, and upgraded to version 12 as soon as it came out. Dragon 12 seems much faster to me, and also a bit more accurate (even though 11 was great too). For the most part, I use the software to create emails, and also quite a bit when “writing” documents in Microsoft Word, so the Home Edition has been enough so far.” – Elizabeth
“Having used Dragon NaturallySpeaking for the last few versions, I can’t wait to try new Dragon Naturally Speaking 10! Even more accurate, faster, and with new shortcuts. Sign me up!” – Joel
“I’ve used Dragon in the past, and now that I have switched to a Mac I was happy to see that there is a Dragon product for the Mac too. So far, Dragon Dictate definitely lives up to my expectations of Dragon speech recognition. Very, very happy with it!” – Nick
“I have been a long time user of Dragon and Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 is the best version yet. The included headset is great and has improved accuracy even more”. – Robert
“I honestly don’t know what I would do without Dragon NaturallySpeaking. It has improved my productivity (and spelling!) tremendously!” – Sarah
“I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking both at home and at work; it saves me a lot of time, as well as makes every-day tasks a bit more fun” – Joyce
After using Dragon for a while I can really vouch for the fact that it gets “smarter” the more you use it. My accuracy has improved so much that it is virtually perfect. – Daniel