Following the success of Dragon NaturallySpeaking for Windows, Dragon software is now also available for the Mac. With Dragon Dictate for Mac (formerly known as MacSpeech Dictate) you can accomplish more on your Mac than you ever thought possible. Dragon Dictate is powered by the latest version of the Dragon speech recognition engine, and was built from the ground up for Mac OS X. It works with your favourite Mac applications, and makes it easy to find online content, create reports, email, research notes, articles, and more, just by using your voice – up to three times faster than typing. To simplify also your mobile life, you can now use your iPhone or iPod as a wireless microphone, or capture your notes on-the-go using a digital voice recorder. Once back at your computer, Dragon Dictate 3 will transcribe the recordings for you.
Dragon Dictate for Mac Key Features
- Powered by the Dragon Speech Recognition engine – Dragon Dictate for Mac 3.0 is powered by the latest version of the Dragon speech recognition engine. This is the same state-of-the-art technology used by Dragon NaturallySpeaking – the world’s #1 speech recognition software for the PC.
- Easy and accurate – Dragon Dictate Mac has an accuracy rate of up to 99% right out of the box, and it gets smarter the more you use it. And, as Dragon Dictate never misspells a word, typos are a thing of the past. Simply tell your Mac what to do, and Dragon Dictate will get it done, whether it is surfing the Internet, searching for a missing file, or writing a report. Simple commands and shortcuts will improve your experience – and your productivity – even further. Personalise Dragon Dictate with your own custom vocabulary of acronyms, proper names, and unique phrases. Dragon Dictate can even adapt its format rules by detecting corrections you make – abbreviations, numbers, and more — to make sure your dictated text looks the way you want it every time. The Text-to-Speech feature, which reads back editable text, makes for easy proofing and multi-tasking.
- Free headset – Dragon Dictate for Mac comes with a free high-quality headset microphone (physical shipment purchase only), so you will have everything you need to get started right away. You can also choose to use Dragon Dictate with a Bluetooth USB microphone; just make sure your Bluetooth headset is Nuance-approved. Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 has added support for wideband Bluetooth wireless headset microphones.
- Use with your favorite Mac applications – Dragon Dictate for Mac 3.0 was built from the ground up for Mac OS X (specifically, OX X Lion and OS X Mountain Lion), and was made to work with your favorite Mac applications, including Mail, iChat, iCal, TextEdit, Pages, Numbers, Safari, Keynote, and many more. Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint are also supported, as are Facebook, Twitter, and other web-based applications and tools.
- Tools for your mobile life – Dragon Dictate 3.0 offers several ways to simplify your life also while away from the computer: The free Dragon Remote Microphone App turns your compatible iPhone, iPod touch (4th gen), iPad or Android device into a wireless microphone for use with Dragon over a WiFi network; and the free Dragon Recorder App lets you record high-quality audio files using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen). Wideband Bluetooth support provides outstanding wireless performance with no training required. Once back at your computer, Dragon will transcribe the audio files.
- …and much more
Dragon Dictate for Mac 3.0 System Requirements
- CPU: Intel-based Mac (Recommendation: 2.2 Ghz Intel Core2 Duo processor or greater)
- Supported Operating Systems: OS X Lion (10.7) or OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)
- RAM: 2GB recommended
- DVD-ROM drive for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-cancelling headset microphone for Mac (included with new purchase)
- Internet connection required for quick, automatic, and anonymous product registration